For our 4th of July PB Party, we collaborated with author and wine entrepreneur, Alexis Traina to help us create a laid back and casual party to celebrate our country’s birthday! Alexis is known for her relaxed yet elevated approach to entertaining having spent years as the Creative Director of Swanson Wineries. She brings a beautiful yet pragmatic approach to party planning that always keeps at its core “fun” is at the center of any gathering so keep it light, keep it easy and most importantly keep it stress-free. Check out this video from Alexis on her tips for avoiding the chaos that can creep up when planning your Summer parties.
Alexis Traina’s 5 Tips for Stress-Free Parties
- Limit Your Drink Options: Limiting your beverages not only softens the blow to your wallet when budgeting but it also allows to use less glassware. Pick a signature wine, like a Alexi’s favorite, ròse or a cocktail like our Watermelon Margarita.
- Choose a Low Stress Menu: This is not the time for high experimentation. Keep your menu simple and full of things like pimento cheese spread, deviled eggs and pigs in a blanket that can be made ahead of time.
- Buy Dessert: Support your local bakery and purchase desert rather than be stuck in the kitchen. Take a cue from Alexis and get a “birthday cake” for America, put it on a cake stand and add sparklers!
- Keep Decorative Elements Simple: While DIYing your own decorations can add a fun element to any party, it can be a time-consuming process. Instead, buy a few thematic decor elements and fill in with inexpensive items like Alexis’s go to, balloons!
- Let It Go: If something does go awry, just remember, it’s a party! Fill up your glass, order take out and let it go! People rarely remember the event, but they will always remember how they felt. So if you are happy, so will your guests!
Ready to throw your own 4th of July party? Then be sure visit Alexis’s 4th of July PB Party for advice on easy make-ahead dishes, cocktails and a positively sublime music playlist! Additionally, to learn more about Alexis and her approach to parties, be sure to pick up her book To Napa With Love.