We teamed up with world champion bartender and award-winning mixologist Charles Joly to offer a collection that extends the authentic craft cocktail experience to the home bar. Demystifying the art of the at-home cocktail, the Crafthouse by Fortessa® Classic Collection brings the same expertise that Joly delivers to the world’s best bars to your living room bar cart.
For December, Charles wanted to present a drink that was celebratory, gave a nod to the flavors of the season and could be enjoyed at any gathering throughout the month and New Year’s Eve. What he came up with, the Holiday Royale, is a showcase of wonderful herbal flavors that keeps things light and festive.
- 1 ½ oz Tanqueray 10 Gin
- ¼ oz Bianco Vermouth
- ¾ oz Fresh Lemon
- ½ oz Simple Syrup
- 1 ½ oz Dry Sparkling Wine
- Green Chartreuse Flamed Rosemary
- Fresh Rosemary Sprig
- Combine Gin, Vermouth, fresh lemon and simple syrup in Crafthouse by Fortessa Boston Shaker with ice.
- Shake gently and roll in sparkling wine.
- Strain into chilled Crafthouse by Fortessa Cocktail Coupe glass with the Hawthorne Strainer.
- Dip a fresh rosemary sprig into a small glass of Green Chartreuse- hold sprig upside down (away from the glass of Chartreuse) and ignite.
- Extinguish and clip onto rim of Cocktail Coupe glass.
The Holiday Royale is a great aperitif cocktail and one that could be sipped throughout a meal without major hurdles. The beauty of the Holiday Royale is that it pairs beautifully with light appetizers but can easily move into dinner if serving a lighter holiday fare like fish.
Shop the Crafthouse by Fortessa® Classic Collection and be one step ahead for your holiday entertaining!