Summer is here! We are so excited for warm weather and more time to relax. Summer vacay also means more time to travel! That’s why we teamed up our favorite cook Cayla from PankoBunny to mix up some simple, yet extremely tasty, snacks for when you’re on the go. Scroll below for a step by step to make these 3 yummy treats (even her precious pup can’t resist)!
Whether you are traveling by airport or car, heading to the beach or going for a hike, these little bites are perfect to pack for on-the-go excursions.
1. Slice the strawberries and lemons into thin slices and place in a water bottle. Tear a few basil leaves and add to the bottle.
2. If traveling via airplane, keep the ingredients in the bottle just as they are and purchase a bottle of water after going through security at the airport. That way you’re able to enjoy your infused water without worrying about the liquid limit! Otherwise, add some water right away and let steep for 5-10 minutes, for the flavours to infuse into the water.
Trail Mix Chocolates
dark or white chocolate, melted
nuts, seeds and raisins
dried fruit and candy
mini cupcake pan liners
1. Place mini cupcakes liners into a mini cupcake pan and filled them with melted chocolate.
2. Top with some nuts and seeds (if you’re trying to be healthy) or candy and dried fruit (for a sweeter treat).
3. Place them in the freezer until the chocolate has set. These are super handy for traveling because they can be transported in a Ziploc bag and are small enough to give you a quick pick-me-up when you’re tired and on the go.
DIY Pizza Pockets
your desired fillings (we used pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, basil, cheddar cheese, pesto and cooked chicken)
1. Spray a regular-sized cupcake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Dust your hands with flour and flatten about ¼ cup of pizza dough into a pancake. Place your desired fillings in the center and wrap the dough around them, sealing the buns closed.
3. Place the buns seam side down in the cupcake pan and brush the surface with olive oil. Bake at 450F for 20 minutes.
4. Allow the buns to cool, then pack into your bags and eat on-the-go! These are much easier to eat than traditional pizza and can easily be reheated in a microwave, heating for 15-20 seconds.
Once you’re done making the snacks, pack them in a one of our cute travel bags or lunch bags and you’re ready to go. Never get your treats or luggage mixed up by choosing a fun and noticeable print like our super fun garden party which adds a pop of pastel and pattern to any travel outfit. (Click HERE to choose your favorite patterns!)
No matter whether you are planning fun trips or enjoying your time off at home we know this summer will be one to remember! Don’t forget to tag #mypbteen to show us your travel style for a chance to be featured on our instagram.