Who watched episode 3 of Revved Up Rooms last night?! Meg DeAngelis (MayBaby) made an adorable owl bookend! We’re giving you step-by-step instructions on how to make this DIY yourself! Read, set, go!
scissors // hot glue gun + sticks // pen // printed owl pattern // fabric 1 – owl body // fabric 2 – owl eye // fabric 3 – owl eye// fabric 4 – owl eye// fabric 5 – beak + wing// fabric 6 – belly // dried beans // puff paint
1. Print out your owl pattern (you can choose any owl template you want!) and cut it out *cardstock recommended*
2. Trace the pattern onto the different pieces of felt fabric.
3. Cut out the shapes in your fabric.
4. Take the front and backside of the owl and put them together, untraced side out.
5. Glue along the edges of the owl, leaving the bottom open.
6. Fill the owl with dried beans, then seal the opening closed with a bit of hot glue.
7. Hot glue the eyes, beak, belly and wings to the owl.
8. Add embellishments with your puff paint.
Thats it! Now go place it on your bookshelf and you’re all set to hold up all of your books!
We love how cute MayBaby’s turned out! What should be his/her name?! Tell us in the comments! Share your DIYs with us on Instagram @pbteen and Twitter @potterybarnteen by tagging #revveduprooms and #mypbteendiy! Love the PBteen products featured in the episode? Shop them here!