Who watched episode 5 of Revved Up Rooms last night?! Meg DeAngelis (MayBaby) showed us some creative ways to hide a phone charger in her PBteen room! We love this DIY because you can personalize it AND it is a little secret! Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to make these DIYs yourself!
Supplies for Book Charging Station
ruler // pencil // scissors // x-acto knife // cutting board // washi tape // book // wrapping paper
Instructions: Book Charging Station
1. Open your book and draw in the size rectangle you wish to cut out of the pages with a ruler.2. Using a ruler and x-acto knife carefully cut out the pages.
3. Cut in a small notch into the pages for your charger cable to run from your outlet to the inside of the book.4. Measure and cut your colorful paper to slightly larger than the size of your book. 5. Wrap the paper around the book and tape into place.
Supplies for Box Charging Station
ruler // pencil // scissors // x-acto knife // cutting board // glue // small box // foam board // wrapping paper
Instructions: Box Charging Station
1. Measure the length, width and height of your box.
2. Measure and cut 1 piece of foam board to the length and height of your box.
3. Measure and cut 2 pieces of foam board to the width and height of your box.
4. Cut, wrap and glue colorful paper to each foam pieces to add a bit of color.
5. Cut a notch in each foam piece that runs from the center to the middle of the board – this will allow your foam pieces to fit together inside the box.
6. Put your foam board pieces into the box to create your wall partitions.
7. Add labels and cables to keep your cords organized. If you’d like, pop a hole in the back of the box and trim one of your walls in order to fit a cell phone inside the partitioned walls.
We’d love to see what you come up with! Share your DIYs with us on Instagram @pbteen and Twitter @potterybarnteen by tagging #revveduprooms and #mypbteendiy! Love the PBteen products featured in the episode? Shop them here!