YUM! We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day! We teamed up with the oh so adorable Cayla of pankobunny who whipped up these scrumptious peanut butter waffles! These fluffy waffles taste like creamy peanut butter and are the perfect start to a busy day! The protein from the peanut butter and the addition of whole wheat flour will keep you full and energized all morning long! This recipe will be sure to spring you out of bed a few minutes earlier 🙂 Watch Cayla’s video below to make these peanut butter waffles and scroll a little bit farther for a full step by step instruction of this recipe!
Ingredients (makes 8 waffles)
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– ¾ cup whole wheat all-purpose flour
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– ½ tsp salt
– ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
– 6 tbsp peanut butter
– 2 eggs
– 2 cups buttermilk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– maple syrup
1. Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter and peanut butter. Add the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
3. Pour ½ of batter into each side of a waffle iron and cook for 3 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and top with maple syrup and enjoy!
Note: Extra waffles can be stored in freezer bags and frozen. Pop some into the toaster in the morning for fresh waffles on the go!
Mmmmm they are so delicious! Be sure to show us your waffles by tagging us on Instagram @pbteen and #mypbteendiy!