The holidays are here and one of our favorite traditions is hosting a festive slumber party with our best friends! This year we are excited to host a #PBteensleepover Sweepstakes to give you, 3 friends and pets a chance to win EVERYTHING you need for a furr-ific sleepover!
All you have to do is:
- Follow us on Instagram (@pbteen)
- Take a selfie with your friends and pets and upload it to Instagram using #PBteenSleepover
To get you ready for the slumber party, we’ve asked Cayla from Pankobunny to whip up some yummy treats to make with your friends! Up first is a sweet and salty trail mix that’s perfect for snacking while watching your favorite holiday movies.
Pink Trail Mix
2 cups chocolate chex cereal
2/3 cup pink mini marshmallows
2/3 cup dried coconut chips
2/3 cup yogurt-covered raisins
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. To serve, divide the trail mix into cellophane bags and tie with a pretty ribbon!
After you have this crunchy snack, turn up the sweetness with these delicious Fuzzy Coconut Cupcakes! They only take 15-17 minutes to bake and they are a cinch to make, especially when you get your friends to help.
Fuzzy Coconut Cupcakes
Ingredients (makes about 18 cupcakes)
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp coconut extract
2 large eggs
1 cup coconut milk (not coconut cream)
2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsp coconut extract
5 cups confectioner’s sugar unsweetened desiccated coconut
Bake the cupcakes:
1. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the coconut extract and eggs and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients in 2 additions, alternating with the coconut milk.
2. Pour into a lined cupcake pan and bake at 350F for 15-17 minutes. Cool completely.
Make the buttercream:
1. Cream the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the coconut extract and beat until combined. Add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, then beat for 3-5 minutes, until fluffy.
2. To decorate, dollop some buttercream onto the surface of each cupcake and smooth to create a little mound. Dunk the cupcake upside down into some dried coconut.
3. Turn the cupcake right side up to reveal a fuzzy cupcake! Continue with the remaining cupcakes and enjoy!
Click here to see Cayla’s DELICIOUS Hot Cocoa Recipe!
Click here to get more holiday ideas.
Click here to shop our Sleepover Essentials.