Hey everyone, Laurel here with another DIY post for ya to enjoy this month! (Did you know it’s National Craft Month? Just another good excuse to spend an afternoon DIY-ing!) This month’s pick? Pom pom keychains — adorable and useful! Pom pom making is addicting and it is very easy to do. In fact…here’s a little warning: you may want to add a pom pom to everything after you learn the trick – your backpack, purse and even an entire pom pom garland for your bedroom. Yarn comes in every color imaginable, so pick your favorite colors and let’s pom pom!
- Piece of Cardboard
- Keychain Ring
- Wrap yarn around cardboard, repeat until you get the sized pom pom you would want. I wanted a large fluffy one, so I just kept wrapping away.
- Slide yarn off cardboard and place on top off an individual strand of yarn that is extra long. (In the photos I used a different color yarn so that you can see the directions better, you will want to use the same color yarn for yours so it matches!)
- Tie the individual strand of yarn around the middle. Double or triple knot it.
- Cut the yarn all around to open it up and make your pom pom. Trim as needed to create a more circular shape.
- Tie the extra long strand around a key ring- triple knot it.
Ta Da! Enjoy and let’s pom pom all the things! Plus head to Pinterest for more great DIY ideas for this month!