We’re prepping for the return of Star Wars™ to big screens on December 18 by throwing a marathon watch party the likes of which this star system has never seen. On the menu will be Kessel Run Kettle Corn, Bantha Milk, Ice Pop Lightsabers to snack on while viewing all six films, from the original trilogy to the prequels. But that’s not all going down at our watch party. It’s an unofficial rule around here that no bash is complete without a DIY. Before the movies start, we’re constructing a Chewbacca craft a Wookiee of any age will love — Chewbacca slippers!
Here, Jenn Fujikawa shows us how to make cozy slippers inspired by Chewie’s iconic bandolier and fuzzy fur using inexpensive flip flops, craft fur, and felt.
Tools & Materials
● Plastic flip flops
● 1 piece of 9″ x 12″ brown faux craft fur
● Brown felt
● White felt
1. Place the faux fur side down and trace the outline of the slippers on to the up side.
2. Cut out the slipper pieces. At the top of each piece, cut a slit approximately 2.5″ down to slip around the toe part of the flip flop.
3. Glue the fur pieces down onto the slipper.
4. Cut out four pieces of 3⁄8”-wide brown felt to fit over the length of the flip flop foot bands. Glue the pieces down.
5. Cut small 1⁄4” x 3/8” rectangles out of the white felt and glue them onto the left felt band of each shoe, spacing them out accordingly.
6. Cut two 3/16” pieces of brown felt to fit over the length of the left band and glue down over the white rectangles.
7. Once the glue has dried the slippers are ready to use.
And now you’re ready to get comfy in the living room with family and friends for a watch party of every film in the saga before Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ debuts!
Want to win a watch party prize pack for your child and two of their friends from our Pottery Barn Kids Star Wars collection? Upload a picture to Instagram tagging @potterybarnkids telling us why your kid is the ultimate Star Wars fan using the hashtag #MyLittleJedi! Contest closes 12/18/15. Contest rules can be found here.
Photography by Jenn Fujikawa