Summer is winding down and Back-to-School is here! To make the transition easier to those early morning wake-up calls, we teamed up with Cayla from Pankobunny for some tasty breakfast treats! Whether you have early morning classes or late night study sessions, these chocolate chip scones are the perfect treat and easy to pack in our newest Lunch Containers. Pair them with the yummiest (and easiest) Latte to give you a little energy boost and get you ready to take on the day!
Quick and Easy Lattes
Ingredients (makes 1 latte)
1 cup milk
1 sachet instant coffee or chai latte mix
1. Pour the milk into a mason jar and microwave for 1 minute 45 seconds, or until hot.
2. Seal the jar tightly closed with a lid and shake vigorously until the milk is foamy. Add the instant coffee or chai latte mix and shake until fully dissolved.
3. Pour into your mug or thermos and head out the door, we opted for our “Stop And Smell The Coffee” Dorm Mug!
Chocolate Chip Scones
¾ cup heavy cream, cold
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp heavy cream
Freshly whipped cream
1. Combine ¾ cup heavy cream, vanilla extract and the egg. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Place the flour mixture into a food processor and add the butter. Pulse until it resembles a coarse meal. Transfer to a large bowl and add chocolate chips. Then add the cream mixture and mix until just combined.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and shape into a 6”-wide circle. Slice into wedges and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Brush the surface with 1 tbsp heavy cream, then bake at 400F for 16-18 minutes, or until golden.
5. Slice in half and spread whipped cream and jam on top. Want to take these treats on the go? Opt for our Lunch Containers and our Gear-Up Navy Gingham Classic Lunch Bag.
We hope you enjoy these tasty treats! Click here for more DIY recipes and crafts along with fun design tips for your room our lounge.