One of the best parts of expecting a baby? The outpouring of love and support that comes from family and friends to welcome this new person into the world! To help these loved ones and act as a resource for you when preparing for baby, we created the ultimate baby registry guide, outlining all the fun — and in many cases, adorably tiny! — items you’ll want to add to your registry when getting ready for baby.
- Crib and Mattress — The nursery starts with the crib! Choose a sturdy wood frame that will last through multiple children. We love convertible cribs like the Catalina 3-in-1 Crib, which is designed to grow with your child from the crib to a toddler bed to a full-sized bed.
- Rocking Chair — The rocking chair in the nursery may very well become the most used seat in the house. Make it not only a comfortable one but a stylish option that can be repurposed throughout the house once it’s outgrown its nursery function.
- Changing Table or Dresser — As with a rocking chair, when selecting nursery furniture pieces, consider which designs you won’t mind seeing used again throughout the house as your baby grows into a child and teen with their own very specific tastes.
- Changing Pad and Cover — Let’s face it, baby will spend a lot of time hanging out on the changing pad, so opt to make it ultra comfortable with a soft chamois fabric cover over the pad itself.
- Diaper Pail — In our world, even something with a utilitarian function doesn’t have to look it. We specifically selected a line of Ubbi Diaper Pails on colors that complement a majority of our nursery bedding.
- Bedding — Crib bedding is where we love to let our own design sense shine, as well as create a welcoming and serene space to welcome a baby into the world.
- Animal Rocker — While a rocking horse is a classic, we’re encouraging children to dream big with play rockers that include animals of all shapes and sizes like a lamb, penguin, and even a unicorn (we didn’t say there were all real animals).
- Diaper Bag — The diaper bag will be toted everywhere the baby goes, so function matters as much as fashion. Choose a bag with plenty of pockets and a matching changing pad.
- Toy Chest — Those toys certainly accumulate quickly! Store the toys in a classic toy chest and use it as a way of teaching your children to develop organizational habits as they get older.
- My First Anywhere Chair — They might not be able to sit in it on their own for the first few months, but we love using our Anywhere Chairs in their monthly photos as a benchmark for how much they’re constantly growing.
- Hooded Bath Towels — Nightly baths were a favorite part of the day for your kiddos and wrapping them in an adorable hooded bath towel before dressing them for bedtime was always a hit!
- Bibs and Burp Cloths — Trust on this one, you can never have too many bibs and burp cloths on hand. Register for them by the dozen!
- Play Mat — Create a cozy spot for tummy time by placing your baby on our plush play mats.
- Nursery Storage — Keep diapers, wipes, and other essentials close by during changes and organized with storage options that perfectly complement the beautiful nursery space you’ve created.
- Boppy Feeding Pillow — We love Boppy Feeding Pillows to give baby an ergonomic boost during feeding time and act as a snug support when baby’s practicing their sitting.
- Stroller Blankets — Like burp cloths, there are never too many blankets a family can have to keep baby comfortable and warm. A monogrammed option might even be “blankie” for years to come.
Ready to start your own registry? Create a Pottery Barn Kids registry here and enjoy a completion discount along with a free design consultation by our Design Services team! Then, share your nursery style with us by hashtagging your photos #lovemypbk. We’ll share our favorites on our Instagram account.