With the arrival of the second chapter of our Emily & Meritt Collection, we’ve been feeling a little more rock ‘n roll than usual! Filled with edgy elements like black, gold, and skulls, all paired them with unexpected softness like roses, pinks, and whites we kinda can’t get enough. That got us thinking…what else in our lives could get a little rocker chic makeover??
1. Your Cozy Bedding – We are big believers in a cozy bed filled with plenty of pillows and these pretty leopard and skull throws by Emily & Meritt for PBteen are not only cozy, but they also add the rocker edge we’re craving to our fall bedrooms.
2. Your Favorite Outfit – Blogger Rachel of Pink Peonies shows us how it’s done — she rocked a classic shift dress in an unexpected leather fabric to get a look that is sophisticated, but still fun and edgy! Bonus rocker points for the adorable leopard clutch and bold red lip!
3. Your At-Home Manicure – The Beauty Department made the already enviable black manicure even more polished with the edgy addition of a little copper leafing. Black nails can give a sophisticated yet funky look when done correctly – just make sure they are shiney and free of chips!
4. Your Desk Accesssories – Rocker fashion isn’t just for your outfit, we like the idea of adding a touch of leather (or faux leather!) to our school supplies. (We love Etsy for school supply shopping!)
6. Your School Supplies – Who says your backpack has to be boring. Stand out from the crowd!
Would you try the rocker look this year? Share your thoughts in the comments below!