There’s no doubt that a shared room for siblings is a difficult design challenge. From opposing interests to designating personal space, creating a room that kids share requires a lot of problem solving.
Pam Ginocchio from Project Junior worked with our Interior Design Specialists to completely make over the room for her kids Gray and Sloane. See the full reveal on Project Junior and scroll down to enter our $500 Room Makeover Giveaway!
Here are the five top tips she learned about making over a shared room:
1. Re-think the traditional room layout. You’d be surprised how fresh and new a room can feel by moving around furniture, especially for a shared space.
2. Create individual nooks for each kid. Play up the things they love with a reading nook or dress up station. Plus, every big kid wants a workspace complete with their very own desk!
3. Find a fun way to organize. Although a room makeover is a great excuse to clean out clutter why not use their most treasured items like books, toys or trinkets as part of the room decor? Organize books by color, install a shelf to display a trophy or frame a favorite hand made piece of art.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Use resources like Pinterest and in-store services like PBK’s Free Interior Design Service to help plan the space before you commit.
5. Everything in the room doesn’t have to match. Try using the same bed but mix it up with different bedding for an individual yet pulled together look.
Enter below for your chance to win a $500 Pottery Barn Kids gift card to get started with your own room makeover — Giveaway ends March 8th.
I have two bedrooms that need a lot of help.
Thank u! Love this:)
I love your catalogue and inspiration!!! I have been looking at your ideas for years as ihave decorated our kids rooms. We have 7 kids, so lots of shared spaces
my kids need this!!
We have been blessed with twins that are due in August so our 5year-old son and 3 year-old daughter will be moving into the same room soon. We would love to decorate their room with our favorite PB kids items!!
I would truly love this makeover as we are expecting a baby this summer!
My sister has twin 5 year olds(boy and girl) that share a room, due to the older half brother being so much older and a new baby on the way(anyday). I would love to see them get a room makeover that would fit them both and also help them know how special and important they are even with the new baby coming. 🙂
My granddaughter s need this
Thanks for the chance this would be such a big help for my daughter and baby’s rooms!
My family have been shopping with you for years and we need a small blessing like this one.
Love everything! So cute.
My mom and daughtet share a room, mom has Alzhiemers-dementia , and she watches over Gram. SO I WOULD LOVE to redecorate for them.
I have 3 kids who would love complete room make overs.
We are a military family who would love a fresh update to our son’s bedroom. He is at that transitional age of leaving the crib for a twin-sized bed, and we would love the financial help with the cuteness of PB Kids!
our boys rooms need all of the help that they can get!
My grandsons, ages 7,5,3, and 2 months old would love to have this room.
Thanks for the chance to win!! I would like to help decorate a room for my grand baby coming soon!!
This would be a great resource for helping to transition a 12-year old girl into her own room, decorating a new room for a 6-year old boy, and redoing a room for the remaining 4-year old, 8 year old, and 10-year old girls. This will be a new bedding arrangement for all of them. I love Pottery Barn and their clean, sleek designs.
Trying to win for my grandbaby-
Awesome giveaway! 🙂 My granddaughters would love this!
We are adopting a boy who is the same age as our biological son. Came here to find inspiration for their shared space-to-be!
Thanks! This are great tips. I am decorating my kids shared room and this room is a fantastic inspiration.
I love the boys color scheme. We will be a foster parent soon to a one year old boy and I needed ideas for his room.
My son’s room needs a make over. This gift card would help out a bunch!
What great ideas for their own space. Kids would love to have a neat space of their own to chill!!!
Thank you to everyone who has entered! The winner for this giveaway has been selected and contacted.