As a new parent, you will spend more time in your nursery than anywhere else in the house for quite awhile, so finding a comfortable chair to cozy up in is a necessity! A rocking chair is not only the perfect spot for feeding baby, it’s a good spot for you to catch up on some of those very important z’s while your baby naps. This chair will become the most used piece of furniture in the house. When it comes to selecting a rocker or glider for the nursery, there are a lot of options. To help make the decision process a bit easier and let you get back to the important part of preparing for a new baby, we rounded up five of our favorite chairs and our tips on finding the right chair for you.
- When searching for a chair, make sure it’s easy to hop out of so you can move a baby that just fell asleep to their crib without disturbing them. With a comfortable tufted back for some extra support, our Radcliffe Rocker from our new Emily & Meritt collection has a vintage-yet-modern charm.
- We love the tradition of a rocker in the nursery, but the genius of a glider, with its gentle motion can’t be overlooked. We recommend our Sparrow Glider with comfortable ergonomic design that includes a lumbar pillow for extra support — a must for your new favorite seat in the house
- When you first bring baby home, you might want to keep close to them during the night. That’s why we’ve created this Wingback Sleeper designed to transform into a twin-sized bed. This American-made sleeper was crafted with nursing mothers’ needs in mind thanks to an extra-supportive headrest.
- For small spaces where a living room or bedroom is doubling as a temporary nursery, the Thatcher Leather Chair is a great choice as it will look beautiful in any room whether designed for babies or grown-ups. The classic wingback design is modeled after Thomas Chippendale’s original 18th-century work with a camelback curve and scrolling arms.
- Last but not least, we had to add one of our all-time favorite pieces, the PBK Comfort Grand Swivel Rocker, which comes in over 50 colors. In addition to swiveling a full 360 degrees to find just the right spot to hold baby, the rocker is constructed with eco-friendly wood certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and a seat cushion built of 20% soy-based foam.
To shop our entire nursery seating collections, visit potterybarnkids.com. Have you added one of our chairs to your home? Share a picture of your Pottery Barn Kids piece with us by using the hashtag #lovemypbk on Instagram or by submitting to our gallery page. You might be featured on the Pottery Barn Kids Instagram feed!