This Roasted Asparagus and Radish recipe is from Athena’s new cookbook, Cook Beautiful, as well as one of Athena’s family favorite. This easy side dish not only is beautiful but adds radishes for an unexpected flavor and texture. In addition, the interplay of the deep green asparagus and pink radishes makes for a beautiful presentation that not only will delight your stomach but excite your eyes!
Roasted Asparagus and Radish
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and halved, quartered if large
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound/ 455 g), trimmed
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling, plus 3 tablespoons
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper 11⁄2 tablespoons champagne vinegar 11⁄2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves removed
- Preheat the oven to 425 ̊F (220 ̊C).
- Spread the radishes on a baking sheet and the asparagus on a second baking sheet. Drizzle both with oil and season with salt and pepper, tossing to evenly coat the vegetables. Spread the vegetables in an even, single layer.
- Roast the radishes for 10 minutes. Give them a shake, then add the pan of asparagus to the oven. Roast until both the radishes and asparagus are lightly golden and tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, whisk together the vinegar and mustard, then slowly whisk in the 3 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the radishes and asparagus to a serving platter. Lightly drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with tarragon. Serve immediately with extra vinaigrette on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Athena Calderone’s Cook Beautiful – available online and in stores now.