A bridal shower just isn’t complete without cupcakes — but these special occasions require more than your average funfetti. That’s why we love this delicious peach cupcake recipe from Melina of Sugary & Buttery — it’s an elevated take on peaches and cream, thanks to a decidedly grown-up bourbon buttercream frosting.
Peach Cupcakes with Vanilla Bourbon Buttercream
(makes about 16)
1.5 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
2.5 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 can peaches in 100% juice
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon bourbon
1 tablespoon milk
½ vanilla bean
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• Heat oven to 350F. Line 16 cupcake tins with liners.
• In the bowl of a mixer, mix together the vegetable oil and sugar. Beat in the egg.
• In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
• Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Then add ¼ cup of peach juice and add the remaining flour. Mix just until just combined.Cut the peaches into small cubes and fold into the batter. Fill the cupcake tins 2/3 full with the mixture and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17- 20 minutes.
• Cool completely.
• Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until very pale and creamy.
• Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with bourbon and milk, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in seeds of vanilla bean.