Here at PBteen, we LOVE social media! From Instagram (@pbteen), Snapchat (@pbteensnaps), Twitter (@potterybarnteen), Pinterest, Facebook, Wanelo, We Heart It and YouTube! We can’t get enough of these social platforms. We were so pleased to have Gabby Frost enter our Extraordinary Teens contest who is a Twitter guru making a remarkable impact online.
Gabby is turning Twitter into a teen support system. After meeting online peers who struggle with suicidal thoughts, self-harm and eating disorders, she founded The Buddy Project – a modern day pen pal system on Twitter and is in the process of becoming a nonprofit in Philadelphia. Here’s how it works: you sign up on The Buddy Project and then you wait to get matched with a buddy. Each buddy is paired by interest and age group with the hope that they’ll form strong friendships. Over 55,000+ buddies have been paired to date (that’s over 100,000+ sign-ups)! Through this amazing project, Gabby has been able to support teens across the globe through positivity and companionship, while reducing bullying and negativity on social media! Kudos to you Gabby! We are incredibly honored to have you as a PBteen extraordinary teen!
To sign up to be apart of The Buddy Project click here!
Fun Facts about Gabby
- Favorite Travel destination – New York City
- Dream Job – Entertainment manager
- Favorite room in her house – Her bedroom
- Most Prized Possession – Shorty Award (She won the 2014 Shorty Award for Teen Activism!)
- Favorite candy – Kit kats & pretzel M&Ms
- Last concert she went to – Fifth Harmony
- Bedtime – Too late
- Sport you play – Dance
- How she would take care of the planet – Try to get less care emissions so the ozone is safer.
If Gabby was granted three wishes she would ask for the following: for the world to be more accepting, to control probability and for the stigma of mental health to be gone.