Ever dream of being a filmmaker?! Our Extraordinary Teen Andy made his dream come true when he made a documentary film called “A Day in the Life of Widener Memorial.” We are so impressed with the level of talent and passion Andy has in making films!
Andy turned his art elective assignment into his documentary film, “A Day in the Life of Widener Memorial,” which shares the story of Widener Memorial School, a K-12 public school that exclusively serves students with disabilities. Through his filmmaking, Andy educates viewers on the various therapeutic departments of Widener and the student-teacher interactions, and their partnership with his high school, William Penn Charter School.
Fun Facts about Andy
- Favorite Travel Destination – Europe
- Dream college – University of Pennsylvania
- Person who inspires you most – Steve Jobs
- Most Prized Possession – Windows 98 sealed copy
- Favorite candy – Hershey’s chocolate
- Last concert you went to – Imagine Dragons
- Bedtime – 12 am
If Andy was granted 3 wishes, she would ask for:
- To be accepted into a good college
- To have a good job
- To have a good life
Time to sit down in a comfy seat (a PBteen beanbag perhaps) grab your popcorn and hot cocoa and watch this 14 minute film!