With the holidays fast approaching, we asked world champion bartender and award-winning mixologist, Charles Joly to help us imagine a cocktail that was equal parts festive, easy to assemble and of course delicious! Charles points out that as Autumn begins to emerge, we need to begin to shift the flavors in our cocktails and food to pair with the season. The blend of spices, orchard fruit and rich bourbon will compliment an array of Fall culinary offerings. At the same time, the Kentucky Orchard maintains a perfect balance and is still crisp enough to be enjoyed any time of day.
- 1 ½ oz Bulleit Bourbon
- ½ oz St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
- Egg White
- ½ oz Rich Apple Cider
- ¾ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ oz Simple Syrup to taste (equal parts sugar : water)
- Angostura Aromatic Bitters
Crafthouse by Fortessa Bartools/Barware:
- Combine all ingredients, except the bitters in a Crafthouse by Fortessa Boston Shaker.
- Dry shake without ice to mix Egg White and other ingredients.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled Crafthouse by Fortessa Coupe Cocktail glass.
- Add bitters to top of cocktail.
Since we are getting into Fall flavors with the Kentucky Orchard, Charles suggests serving the cocktail along side roasted chicken, squash or simply prepared meat dishes. For those you in warmer climates, the Orchard works beautifully with barbecue like lightly dressed hamburgers or veggie burgers. As you start to plan for Thanksgiving, Charles also suggests considering this delicious cocktail in lieu of a wine with dessert. It pairs fantastically with desserts like spiced pumpkin pie and other traditional Thanksgiving treats.
Watch the video below to learn more about Charles and the Crafthouse by Fortessa line of barware available at your local Pottery Barn store and online!