If there’s one thing better than dessert, it’s mini desserts! We’re SO in love with these mini blueberry pies from Pankobunny that we just had to get the recipe. Lucky for us, these yummy treats can be made in just six easy steps! It’s a perfect surprise to give your BFF for their birthday or you can wrap them up for your favorite neighbor to brighten up their day. We promise these tiny little delights will be a hit for any occasion! If you want to take it up a notch (for maybe a Mother’s Day present), place them in a colorful basket with a handmade card to complete the perfect gift.
Ingredients (makes 9 pies)
– 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
– ¼ – ½ cup cold water
– 3 cups fresh blueberries
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– ¼ cup sugar
– pinch cinnamon
– 1 egg, beaten
1. Make the dough: Mix together the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until it turns into a crumbly meal-like texture. Drizzle over the ice water, and pulse until the dough sticks together when squished together.
Divide the dough into two disks and wrap them in plastic wrap. Place these in the refrigerator for 1 hour until firm.
2. Make the filling: Combine the blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is 1/8-inch thick. Using an 11 cm round cookie cutter, cut 9 circles out of the dough and press them into the bottom and sides of a muffin tin. Fill the cups with the pie filling.
4. Using an 8 ½ cm round cookie cutter, cut out 9 more circles and press them on top of each pie, sealing the bottom and top layers of dough tightly with your fingers.
5. Slice an “x” in the center of each pie, then brush the surface with the beaten egg.
6. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, until golden. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!
To shop our colorful baskets (perfect for gifting or storage), click here.
To see more DIY’s, click here.