This Mother’s Day we’re treating Mom to a surprise breakfast in bed with this yummy Cinnamon Roll Pancakes recipe made by our favorite baker, Pankobunny! Just like anyone, Mom deserves to be pampered and this is the perfect way for her to put her feet up and start the day off with a tasty treat. You can even pair the meal with a fun gift, like our Emily and Meritt Bunny Alarm Clock, a fun toss pillow or even a glamorous throw!
Scroll down to get started on surprising Mom with Cinnamon Roll Pancakes!
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
cooking spray, for frying pan
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup + 2 tbsp light brown sugar
½ tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
2 tbsp milk
1. Make the pancake batter: Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a larger bowl, combine the milk, butter, and egg and whisk until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients and whisk together, but make sure not to overmix. Some lumps are fine!
2. Make the cinnamon drizzle: In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Place in a piping bag fitted with a small, round piping tip.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Dollop 2-3 tbsp of batter onto the frying pan and smooth the surface with the spoon.
Cook until the surface of the pancakes develop some bubbles, about 1-2 minutes. Pipe a swirl in the middle of each pancake with the cinnamon drizzle. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the surface has browned. Continue with the rest of the batter, wiping down the pan between each batch – the cinnamon sugar can make the pan quite messy!
4. Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the confectioner’s sugar and milk and mix until combined.
5. Drizzle over the pancakes and enjoy!