We teamed up with world champion bartender and award-winning mixologist Charles Joly to offer a collection that extends the authentic craft cocktail experience to the home bar. Demystifying the art of the at-home cocktail, the Crafthouse by Fortessa® Classic Collection brings the same expertise that Joly delivers to the world’s best bars to your living room bar cart. This month we asked Charles to share one of his favorite holiday-inspired cocktails with us!
Sobremesa literally translates to “over the table”. It is a tradition in which people enjoy relaxing conversation and the company of friends and family after a meal. This engaging time for connection becomes even more prominent as the holiday season comes into full swing. The Sobremesa cocktail is the perfect after meal sipper, combining warming flavors of the season, a bit of coffee and base of aged tequila sure to keep spirits high.
- 1 ½ oz Don Julio Reposado
- 1 oz Chilled Espresso or Cold Brew
- 5 oz Chilled Oat Milk Mixture*
- ¾ oz Simple Syrup to taste (equal parts sugar : water)
- Orange-Black Tea Ice and Chai Tea Ice**
- Cinnamon Stick
Crafthouse by Fortessa Bartools/Barware:
- Double Old Fashioned Glass
- Bar Spoon
- The Smoking ClocheTM with handheld smoker and apple wood smoking chips
- Combine all ingredients in a Crafthouse by Fortessa double old fashioned over Orange-Black Tea Ice and Chai Tea Ice.
- Stir well to combine and chill.
- Scrape cinnamon stick over top of cocktail and garnish with remaining cinnamon.
- Place inside The Smoking ClocheTM and smoke for 10 seconds with apple wood smoking chips.
* Chilled Oat Milk Mixture
- 500ml Oat Milk (not flavored)
- 50 ml Simple Syrup (equal parts sugar : water)
- 50 ml Espresso
- ½ oz Allspice Dram (to taste for balanced baking spices, can also be infused with baking spices)
- Combine all ingredients & chill.
- 80% Brewed Orange and Chai tea- allow to cool
- 10% orange juice
- 10% 1:1 simple syrup
- Freeze overnight in 1.25×1.25” silicone cube trays.
Charles states that The Sobremesa is perfect with the main course and even better at the tail end of a meal. It would go lovely with any baked or roasted main dishes, especially red meats. However, it really shines after dinner. It really compliments the baked goods of the season in a perfect manner. So why not mix up Thanksgiving dinner and pair the Sobremesa with Grandma’s award winning pie or cobbler for a twist to a classic holiday treat!
Shop the Crafthouse by Fortessa® Classic Collection and be one step ahead for your holiday entertaining!