Written by Kim Stoegbauer of The Tomkat Studio for Building Blocks.
Hello! I’m so excited to be posting on Building Blocks today as part of Pottery Barn Kids’ special series, Holidays Made Merrier. Each week for the next three weeks, a featured blogger will share their treasured holiday family traditions plus favorite gift selections. Bonus: PBK will give away a $500 gift card to one lucky winner each week – to enter, see below!
Now onto my favorite gift picks! One of my favorite collections from Pottery Barn Kids is the Retro Kitchen Collection. What child wouldn’t love to play with these amazing, true-to-life sets? The red kitchen is absolutely adorable for both boys and girls, and it would look just perfect sitting by the tree on Christmas morning. I also love the play kitchen appliances, baking set and melamine holiday plates – they go perfectly with the kitchen.
Part of the reason I love the retro kitchens is that during the holidays, I love to BAKE! One of my favorite recipes, which you might remember from our Bakeshop Party, is Cookies in a Jar. We decided to create a holiday version that’s perfect for giving to teachers, neighbors, family and friends. Enjoy!
Christmas Cookies in a Jar
Ingredients for Jar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or candy (we used M&M’s)
- Wash and dry mason jars.
- Add ingredients one at a time to create a nice, layered look. Begin with the white sugar, then brown sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and finally, the candy.
- Top jar with metal lid.
- Top lid with a trimmed-down coffee filter, and secure using the ring of the jar.
- Using twine, attach tag and recipe tag to the jar using twine. Download the printable tags here.
Happy holidays from our family to yours! And don’t forget to enter below for your chance to WIN my favorite gift picks from Pottery Barn Kids – hurry, this week’s giveaway ends Dec. 15th!