Back-to-school shopping has officially begun – and so has our obsession with a new fall color palette. While we’ll sincerely miss the days of beachy corals and pools – nothing says “back to school” cool quite like a pop of denim. If you’re a fashionista who’s rocked the hue on a chambray shirt or two, then you know what we mean – but there are so many more ways to sport this effortlessly chic color! Here are a few of our faves…
1. On your bag. The first item on your back-to-school list is likely a new backpack or tote. We love a chic and unique chambray tote, like the one above from an Etsy artist.
2. In your wardrobe. When prepping for back to school, think about what your mornings are typically like. While we’d all like to take the time to artfully craft the cutest outfit, the truth is most mornings are a rush to homeroom. We love a classic chambray button-up like Sincerely Jules, which goes with everything from cozy ripped boyfriend jeans to flowing weekend maxi dresses. This beloved staple makes for many easy mornings!
3. As your specs. Sunglasses aren’t just for beach days – especially when they’re as denim-clad and cool as these! They’re also perfect for running from class to class and catching the last of that early-fall sunshine.
4. At your fingertips. The easiest way to switch up your style is with an at-home manicure. This blue-jean inspired nail polish makes it easy to rock your new favorite color. (For something a little more advanced, how about this manicure from makeup.com?)
5. Under your toes. Make your space fall-friendly with a cozy rug to keep your toes warm. We especially love this Zig Zag Shag Rug because the shades of blue transition perfectly from season to season.
6. On your pillow. Speaking of updating your room, another simple way to give your space a fresh look for fall is by swapping out your pillowcases. If you went with brights for summer, try denim bedding or more muted hues for fall.
7. As your go-to shoe. Walking from class to class and then to extracurricular activities means you’ll need an adorable pair of flats to keep you moving and grooving. Why not go for a denim-inspired pair that will effortlessly pair with everything?
8. In your hangout. While fall is largely about studying, we think it’s just as important to set aside some time to relax. Catch a few extra ZZZs on our Emily & Meritt Chaise Lounge.
Are you as in love with denim as we are? Check out the latest collections from Emily & Meritt and Junk Gypsy — both filled with chambray love!