Written by Rachel Faucett of Handmade Charlotte for Building Blocks.
Sometimes kids could use some fanfare surrounding the back-to-school season—just a little excitement to jazz them up. In that spirit, we mixed up three drinks that taste great and offer kiddos an all-natural power boost after a long day of learning and playing. Follow these easy instructions and surprise them with inspired, gulpable fun in a glass!
Raspberry Banana Tumbler of Lava
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6-8 raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cranberry juice
- Mix milk, banana and honey in a blender. Pour mixture into a jam jar glass.
- Blend raspberries, vanilla yogurt and 2 tablespoons cranberry juice. Pour over the banana mixture.
- Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon cranberry juice over the top. Add even more cranberry juice to ensure the loveliest of lava flows. Then add a straw and sip away!
Very Berry Apple Fizzer
- 10 blueberries
- 6 blackberries
- 2 strawberries
- 3/4 cup sparkling apple juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice and plus a slice (for garnish)
- Place all fruit in your glass.
- Pour sparkling apple juice over the fruit and squeeze in the lime. Add the slice for garnish. Don’t forget a kiddie spoon for scooping out the fruit after the fizzer is long gone.
Orangey Pineapple Blossom Smoothie
- 1 clementine, peeled
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup peach yogurt
- 1/4 fresh pineapple
- 3 ice cubes
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender. Pour into a glass.
- Decorate with the clementine face up on the top for the easiest drink-a-licious blossom smoothie.