Written by Megan Bailey of Little Peanut Magazine for Building Blocks.
We couldn’t be more excited for Easter to come this year! Between dying eggs, eating festive treats and celebrating with egg hunts, one of the traditions we have every year is celebrating the holiday with a big Easter brunch. The whole family comes together to celebrate and lucky for you we are sharing our favorite carrot pancake recipe! We promise this will become an instant favorite and we know your little peanuts will absolutely love them. Did we mention they are healthy too?! Winning all around!
Check out how we styled our kids Easter brunch party with Pottery Barn Kids’ darling tabletop essentials and learn how to re-create our fresh floral installation with DIY instructions.
Healthy Carrot Pancakes
- 1/4 cup Plain or vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup Plain low fat Greek yogurt (or plain vanilla yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Ground ginger and nutmeg
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Coconut or Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2-4 tbs honey or agave syrup (or sweetener of choice to taste)
- 3/4 cup Carrots, finely grated
- Optional: 2 tbs walnuts, chopped, 2 tbs golden raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup (4oz) Low fat cream cheese, softened in the microwave for 30 seconds
- 1/4 cup Low sugar or sugar free maple syrup
- Dash Cinnamon and honey (or to taste)
- Blend the pancake ingredients together.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or large nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, whisk together the softened cream cheese, syrup, cinnamon and stevia in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over pancakes while warm if desired! Enjoy!
Floral Design: Allison Baddley | La Fete Floral & Events
Photography: Becky Kimball | Becky Kimball Photography