Are you ready for the 4th of July? This year, we’re hitting the beach with an all-American celebration. Kiel James Patrick and Sarah Vickers helped us put together one seriously amazing beach bash to celebrate Independence Day. It’s hard to pick out a favorite part in this beautiful shoot, but if we had to, we’d gush over all of the easy trips, tricks and ideas that can be put into use at any 4th of July party! Read on to get some of our favorites.
1. Keep your food light, fresh and easy. When you’re in the midst of July heat, there’s no need to overdo it on food. Stick to something simple — fresh fruit, grilled veggies and sausages are a great place to start.
2. Come up with a playful cocktail. Summer fruit provides all the cocktail inspiration you need. We love this Watermelon Mojito recipe — use this to add flavor, color and fun to your spread.
3. Don’t go overboard with decor. There’s no need to do the full red-white-and-blue treatment on everything in sight. Blue and white (or red and white) flowers in a beautiful basket will bring a fresh breath of summer air to your set up.
4. Make sure your bar’s fully stocked. Have something for everyone! We love how KJP and Sarah made sure that every guest had an alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink of choice at their party.
5. Keep it casual. The best part of summer entertaining is that it’s no fuss, no muss. That’s what makes a 4th of July picnic so perfect — finger foods, an easy-to-wash table linen and bottled drinks (no cups to wash!) make for less clean up and more time to enjoy the sunshine.