Let your little one’s imagination swim in an ocean themed playroom! Whether you have a dedicated playroom, or set up a play area in your home, giving the space a theme will inspire creativity and learning through play. We’ve also partnered with Brightly to share the best shark book recommendations to continue summer reading!
Enter our Fin-tastic Giveaway for a chance to win select items from this checklist!
1. Having lots of low storage makes it easy for little ones to play independently and makes clean up more efficient too!
2. Add nautical style in an instant with wall art! This Navy Shark Wood Plaque has a distressed color finish for a pop of color and texture to liven up your main wall.
3. Put on your reading slippers! Our snuggly shark slippers keep little toes cozy and are perfect for lounging and reading your favorite ocean books. Click HERE to enter our Fin-tastic Giveaway for a chance to win them!
4. Did you know the whale shark can get up to 60 feet in length? Measure your child’s height with a fun personalized shark growth chart. Click HERE to enter our Fin-tastic Giveaway for a chance to win it!
5. Create a perfect seating solution for any room with this Payton Play Sectional! Configure it as a loveseat or break it up as single chairs for comfortable and sturdy lounging.
6. Adding an area rug will create a focal point in your playroom and is a comfortable surface for little toes.
7. Wrap up a great day of play with this cuddly shark wrap in a playful shark silhouette! Click HERE to enter our Fin-tastic Giveaway for a chance to win it!
8. Encourage your child to create his or her own underwater adventures with a personalized shark notebook.
9. Time-traveling siblings Jack and Annie decide to take a vacation off the coral reefs of Mexico. But things quickly turn dramatic as they find their boat attacked by a shark in the Magic Tree House #53: Shadow of the Shark by Mary Pope Osborne. Osborne supplements her exciting yarn with Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #32: Sharks and Other Predators — a nonfiction guide that answers all of Jack and Annie’s real-life questions about their oceanic journey. Click HERE to enter our Fin-tastic Giveaway for a chance to win a copy of them (sponsored by Brightly)!
10. The Super Shark Encyclopedia shows off some truly breathtaking photography of over 80 sharks and features a series of absorbing x-rays. Click HERE to enter our Fin-tastic Giveaway for a chance to win it (sponsored by Brightly)!
In search of more chomp-worty book recommendations? Check out the full list of shark and ocean favorites on Brightly.
Brightly features book recommendations for every age and stage, reading tips and insights, seasonal inspirations, author essays, contests, gift guides, and more.
For more playroom design ideas from Pottery Barn Kids, click HERE!