This new home features classic details. We love the sun porch! — Traditional Home
Think spring, but enjoy the season at hand with a sledding party. — Country Living
These pillow decorating tips are positively perfect. — Centsational Girl
Flowers aren’t blooming yet? Then craft these paper wall flowers instead. — Sweet Paul
This home favors a layered and boho aesthetic. — Apartment Therapy
We bet you haven’t visted these under-the-radar wine country escapes! — Sunset
Ever wonder how to get the look of the beds you see in Pottery Barn’s catalogs and photo shoots? Well, wonder no more. Today we’re showing you how to create the perfect Pottery Barn bed with a list of tips and tricks. Keep reading to find out how to get a Pottery Barn look in your bedroom.
• Start with comfortable and quality basics, including a bed skirt, fitted sheet, flat sheet, duvet insert, pillow inserts, duvet, quilt, euro shams, sleeping pillows and standard shams.
• To extend the life of your mattress, try turning it every three months. It’s easy to remember to do so by tagging the corner of the mattress with the month it was last turned.
• Use hotel corners create a neat and tailored look. To create hotel corners, fold the bottom tail of the sheet diagonally across the side of the bed. Then, tuck the excess sheeting under the mattress.
• While ironing is always a nice step, you can also refresh the bed by lightly spritzing it with a water bottle scented with fresh lavender.
• To create visual and textural interest, layer varied fabrics on your bed, such as silk, linen, velvet and cotton.
• When making the bed, give your duvet a good shake to fluff it and prevent bunching.
• To easily add pillows to pillow cases, fold them in half before inserting.Then, fluff them before you layer them on the bed.
For even more tips, check out this video showing you step by step how to create a Pottery Barn-style bed!
Shop some of our favorite bedding products below:
[portfolio_slideshow size=medium click=openurl exclude=”1958″]