We absolutely love learning how teens are making a difference in their communities! The amazing determination and effort they put towards making their dreams come true certainly inspires us! Today, we’re shinning the light on 17 yeard old, Brittany Amano.
Brittany started out making a difference in the world by tackling the problems in her own backyard, and then she turned that experience into widespread change. She has founded not one, but TWO, nonprofits: Hawaii’s Future Isn’t Hungry and Teens Stopping Domestic Violence. Through these two organizations, she feeds the hungry, promotes literacy and provides mentorships to youth in low-income housing complexes and homeless shelters. With the help of over 400 youth volunteers, her work has positively impacted over 150, 000 people! She is a superstar and we are honored to have her as an Extraordinary Teen!
To learn more about Brittany’s causes, click here!
Fun Facts about Brittany
- Dream Job – Government sector
- Favorite room in her house – Living room
- Most Prized Possession – National Jefferson Award Medal
- Favorite candy – Junior mints
- Favorite childhood movie – Pay it Forward
- Last concert she went to – One Direction
- Favorite Place to Volunteer – Hawaii Food Bank
- How she would take care of the planet – By converting to renewable energy and eating more local produce.
If Brittany was granted three wishes she would ask for the following: A Chipotle in Hawaii, equality for women and a world where the future isn’t hungry.