Durability is just as important (if not more so) than beauty when it comes to outdoor furniture. Wicker in particular can be tricky to take care of, but luckily our all weather wicker stands the test of time. Woven from a highly resilient synthetic material, our all weather wicker is wrapped around a rust-proof aluminum frame and tested to withstand the elements. However, basic maintenance can help even the most durable materials last even longer. Read on to learn how to take care of your wicker outdoor furniture so that it lasts for many summers to come.
• Always protect furniture with outdoor covers — you never know when a summer storm can hit! It’s best to make sure the furniture is as dry as possible before putting covers on or storing long term, so residual moisture doesn’t mildew. We suggest putting covers on whenever you go out of town and during the off-season, too.
• Store cushions separately — preferably indoors — where they can stay dry.
• Use a soft bristle brush to keep dust and dirt off your wicker furniture.
• Wipe any spills immediately with a clean, dry cloth.
• For tougher stains and dried up spills, wash your wicker furniture frame gently with dish soap, water and a sponge. Rinse well with water and dry thoroughly.
• Avoid harsh and abrasive cleaners on wicker — they can rub protective finishes right off. Keep it simple — sometimes, a good rinse with water is all you’ll need.
• Don’t power wash your wicker furniture — like abrasive cleaners, they can wear finishes and coloring down.
• Test any new cleaning solutions on a hidden area of your furniture to make sure they don’t cause damage.
• Be sure to remove cushions while cleaning your wicker — follow the instructions on the cushions for cleaning, and do so separately.
• When washing, remove any foot caps on your chairs and tables and keep the furniture upright so water drains properly.
With the proper care, you and your family will be able to enjoy your wicker furniture summer after summer — rain or shine!