While Thanksgiving is first and foremost on our minds, gift-giving season isn’t far behind. That’s why we were so thrilled to see the new winter issue of Sweet Paul hit the digital newsstands today. We’re not ashamed to admit that we’re particularly smitten with the article Dream Forest, which details a number of ways in which holiday decorators can expand upon the humble pinecone in both form and actual nature object. Paul generously offered to share two of the projects with Inside & Out readers.
You will need:
- craft paper
- gray paint
- white painted pinecones
- Paint Your paper — it’s easy. Just go to work on it with paint and a brush.
- Let it dry.
- Wrap your gifts and embellish with ribbons and pinecones.
You Will Need:
- ribbons (Paul’s are grosgrain ribbons he washed to obtain a vintage look)
- hot glue gun
- large pinecones
- Cut the ribbons into different lengths and hot glue pinecones onto one end.
- Tie the ribbon ends together and hang on wall, door or back of chair.
Source: Photos courtesy Colin Cooke for Sweet Paul