We’re excited to share this DIY from Sweet Paul, whose new Summer issue just launched next week. This DIY would be great for an outdoor party decoration or a fun centerpiece for a themed get together. This DIY was created by Lova Blåvarg, a 17-year-old Swedish-born artist and crafter who regularly contributes projects to Sweet Paul through her column LOVA’S WORLD. (Make sure to scroll down to see her other great projects for wrapping paper, placecards and notebooks.)
Magically simple home decor!
You will need:
- Printouts downloaded from this webpage
- Tissue paper to use for the windows
- Xacto Knife
- Paper glue
- LED votive – I love these votives from Pottery Barn.
DOWNLOAD CASTLE PRINT-OUTS HERE:
Lova’s World – Castle (3375 KB)
- Download and print out the files attached to this post.
- Print two copies of the page for each castle you will make.
- Use scissors or Xacto knife to cut out four castle sides. Using Xacto, cut out the little windows from the castle sides.
- Cut pieces of tissue paper a little bigger than each window and glue the tissue to the back side of each castle wall to create a cute little window.
- Glue the four sides of the castle together. 6.Place your new lantern over your LED votive and enjoy!
I love little LED battery power votives. They are readily available and some even flicker like real candles!
For more DIYs from Lova, check out these other projects featured in Sweet Paul
Photography by Susanna Blåvarg