Did you catch our Twitter Party yesterday? We were so excited to host Jessica Bailey, Evite Party Planner and blogger at Linen, Lace, & Love, who shared her top party planning tips (and Pottery Barn picks!) with our fans and followers. We loved her expert tricks to help make summer entertaining easy and fun for everyone. Take a look at some of our favorite tidbits from the Twitter Party, below — and don’t forget to follow Pottery Barn on Twitter for more entertaining and decorating tips!
• Beat bugs by covering appetizers with pretty Pottery Barn glass domes.
• Hole punch cupcake liners, place upside down on your glass and put a straw through it to keep bugs out of your drink!
• Circle your party area with citronella candles to light when the sun sets.
Bring the indoors, out.
• Repurpose indoor furniture and move it out to the patio to create an alfresco dining experience.
• An inexpensive way to get an outdoor space party-ready is to use white candles to line a pool and/or walkway.
Stick to something simple.
• Keep food simple for outdoor entertaining: salads, fresh fruit and cold drinks are all you need.
• Save time and money by delegating dishes to friends (i.e. potluck style).
Try a themed party!
• I love a late night “Drive in Cinema” party, with this invitation.
• Throw a #1 Fan party! Make it all about their favorite team and/or sport.
• Host a movie night + picnic. Put up a screen in your backyard, set up blankets and pillows, and offer snacks.
• I love a retro flamingo pool party for tweens — think black, white and pink.
• If you start with basic decor — black and white striped table cloth, white dishes — you can have a pirate party!
Stock the bar.
• Cool beverages with a metal drink wagon outdoors.
• Served pre-mixed drinks so guests can help themselves — like our Hard Iced Tea bar featuring Pottery Barn’s Mason Jar Drink Dispenser
• I like to attach my bottle opener to a beverage tub with ribbon — they always go missing, otherwise!
PS: Don’t forget to enter our Summer’s Better Together Sweepstakes with Evite, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen. You could win $5,000 to shop at the Pottery Barn brands to help you plan your next summer celebration!