Spring has sprung on Instagram! We’re loving the bursts of beautiful flowers, pops of bright colors and glimpses of sunshine that we’re seeing on the #mypotterybarn hashtag. Take a look at some of our favorite photos from this week on Instagram, and don’t forget to submit your photos using #mypotterybarn!
A burst of blue hydrangeas in one of our Tuscan Urns is just what we needed to brighten up a Tuesday afternoon. (via @tabithagrace21)
TGIF! We’re ready for a drink from our Brooke Bar Cart. (via @mcd378)
Our Cambria Dinnerware and Benchwright Dining Table complete this Easter table, don’t you think? (via @@modeleatsblog)
Our Serendipity Lumbar Pillow + Moroccan Wedding Blanket Pillow + Vince Side Table + two hysterical #pbpets = Instagram photo gold. (via @jcfrias)
Our Lucianna Duvet adds just the right touch to this beautiful spring guest room. (via @leerohrbaugh)
Spring has sprung. The bulbs in Bosphorous Bowl are in full bloom! (via @ejsmont_ewelina)
Follow us on Instagram to see more!
Plus, don’t forget to submit your Pottery Barn style with #mypotterybarn on Instagram — we’ll regram our favorites!
As one of the most private rooms in the home, the bedroom is really where we can let our personal taste shine. It’s an oasis, a retreat and a sanctuary. We believe it’s the perfect place to stay true to your own style — and choosing just the right color palette is a huge part of that. Take a look at some of our favorite color palettes for Spring, below.
Which colors are you going to add to your bedroom this season? Find just what you need here.
There were so many cute #pbpets on Instagram in February, it’d be impossible to choose a favorite. So, we didn’t! take a look at all of the adorable #pbpets we featured in the month of February — from Henri, to Steve, to Lotie — and tell us which one’s your favorite in the comments!
PS: Don’t forget to submit photos of your pet with your favorite Pottery Barn item using #pbpet on Instagram.
See the top #PBpets of 2014 here.
Anyone else feel those mid-winter blues this week? January’s half-way point has come and gone, and we’re just starting to realize how much cold weather we have left.
Have no fear — there are some incredibly easy and affordable ways to beat the winter blues until Spring arrives. Take a look at 5 of our favorites!
1. Eat something sweet and sunny. The bright taste of lemon is an instant pick-me-up. These 27 delicious (and gorgeous) lemony dessert recipes (Hello, warm lemon pudding cake!) are a great place to start. (via Buzzfeed)
2. Bring a little life into your home. It’s a fact — having a little bit of plant life makes even the dreariest day seem brighter. Create your own indoor jungle with this guide. (via Apartment Therapy)
3. Play with pops of color. Just because it’s dull and gray outside doesn’t mean your home has to match. Paint one bright accent wall in one of your living spaces! Don’t want to paint? Try something temporary and super playful to brighten your mood, like this paint swatch wall! (via Poppytalk)
4. Organize it! Clearing out all of the old junk from last year and starting with a blank slate is a lot of work, but well worth it, considering how it will make spending time indoors that much more enjoyable. Use these expert tips to organize your home room by room.
5. Treat yourself. Everyone deserves a little luxury! Take an hour to give yourself a little spa treatment — we love this easy avocado face mask. (via Sincerely, Kinsey)
Tell us: How do you like to kick the winter blues?
Whether it’s Pretty in Pink or Extreme Home Makeover, everyone loves a good before and after — including us! We love getting inspired by home makeovers — it’s amazing to see what elbow grease, paint, and great taste can accomplish. Take a look at 5 of our favorite home makeovers and before and afters, below.
1. Bedroom Makeover: Luxurious Neutrals with Erin Gates
TIP: Want to spice up your neutral color palette? Mix and match patterns to make things interesting without having to repaint any walls.
2. Before and After: Sarah Dorsey Design’s Entryway Makeover
TIP: Make the most of awkward spaces. Sarah didn’t let her entryway’s sloped ceiling get in the way of storage — these built-ins maximize square footage.
3. Before and After: Jonathan Stiers’ Breezeway Refresh
TIP: Don’t be afraid of giving an outdoor space the same luxuries — curtains, fluffy pillows and rugs — that you would give an indoor space. When you purchase the right materials, it’ll last you for many summer seasons to come!
4. A Family Room Makeover Fit for Chic Fun
TIP: If you have a thing for white sofas, slipcovers are the way to go. Just wash them when the spaghetti sauce strikes! Plus, we love the way they look extra shabby-chic as they wear.
5. Before and After: Jonathan’s Incredible Kitchen Renovation
TIP: Having open shelves were high on Jonathan’s priority list, so he used an over-sized clock to break up all of the lines in the space.
See more of our favorite spaces here.
When you live in Southern California, there’s never an inappropriate season for outdoor entertaining. This feminine, cozy get-together from Anna Delores Photography, Stella Bloom Designs and Vanessa Noel Events does the perfect job of embracing the gorgeous great outdoors in California’s Santa Ynez Valley. Despite the warm weather, this talented team still gave the setting some festive, seasonal flair with chunky knits, sparkle, and a touch of leather and fur.
See the full feature on Style Me Pretty!
Most Wonderful Time Sign, Metal Lantern, Wooden Lantern, Red Blanket, and Pillows: Pottery Barn
Photography: Anna Delores Photography
Floral Design: Stella Bloom Designs
Reception Venue: Whispering Rose Ranch
Jewelry: 31 Bits
Calligraphy: Jamie Ellen Paperie
Cake & Desserts: MJB Cakes
Cocktails: Savour This Kitchen
Styling & Coordination: Vanessa Noel Events
Spending time with our family and friends during the holidays always makes us appreciate the little — and big! — things in life. This year, we’re celebrating them all with our new series: Give Thanks.
This week, we asked designer and blogger Kirsten Krason to share what she’s thankful for this year:
“During the Holidays I’m most grateful for my cozy bedroom. I stay in bed as long as possible on snowy days here in Utah. My kids usually climb into bed with me and we cuddle under the blankets.”
“I love the big windows in my room as well. It’s magical to watch the snow falling as we get ready for the day. Lighting a holiday candle sets the mood even more. These cozy moments remind me what life is all about.”
Photos by Jylare Smith
Seen in photo: Lily Task Lamp, Gold Leaf Tray
See what designers Becki Owens and Nicole Davis are grateful for, too. (Hint: It takes place in one seriously stunning kitchen.)