A crafty tutorial that’s quick, cute and requires only two simple steps? Those are just three of the reasons we love this cute button DIY from Sweet Paul Magazine (psst, the new issue comes out in March!). Keep reading to get the oh-so-easy directions for the bookmark DIY, then find out what some of our favorite Twitter friends are recommending as their current book of choice this month. We’re inspired to crack open a new favorite novel or coffee table book — are you?
Make the perfect gift for any reader in a snap!
You Will Need:
- Vintage Buttons
- Large Paperclips
- Simply glue the button to the top of the paperclip.
- Let it dry and it’s ready to use!
Can you believe how easy that bookmark DIY is? Now, for the perfect book for your new button bookmark. Check out the titles that some of our Twitter pals are loving right now:
- “Right now…Joe Beef’s amazing cookbook and story!” — Amanda Riva from The Hot Plate
- “I am loving Farm Anatomy by Julia Rothman. I want to frame every page of the amazing illustrations!” — Laura Putnam from Finding Home
- “Beautiful Ruins by Jesse Walter.” — Victoria Smith from SFGirlByBay
- “Right now I am smitten with the book Magnificent Baths from Rizzoli — it’s full of inspirational pictures.” — Courtney Lake from Courtney Out Loud
- ”Right now: Anything by Joan Didion. All-Time: The Great Gatsby.” — Meg Allen Coe from Nest (check out her 2012 book list here)
- “We haven’t had a moment to spare to read lately . . . love the Grace Coddington memoir.. love the Canelle et Vanille cookbook!” — Sweet Paul Magazine
- “Lots of good ones recently! Laurie Colwin’s memoir Home Cooking. And Kit Kemp’s A Living Space.” — Anthology Magazine
What’s on your reading list this season? We’d love to get more recommendations of favorite can’t-miss titles!
Photos courtesy Alexandra Grablewski