Today we’re featuring a lovely holiday tablescape from Dawn at Inspired Living. We think this tablescape would also look gorgeous for any elegant winter dinner party.
What’s your decorating philosophy for holiday dinners and dinner parties?
“I don’t believe you have to go overboard decorating every last space to have a dramatic and eye catching home for the holidays. A few simple, well thought out choices will go a long way to create a festive environment and to make your guests feel welcome and warm. For example, the hurricanes and Pottery Barn candlesticks I used on our table were all of different heights and sizes, which keeps the display visually interesting. All of the items were made from the same material, which unites the display.
Also, you can never go wrong with candlelight and greenery to add a little holiday warmth to the home. From there, you can layer in an additional element or two to add interest; on my tablescape, I stuck with mercury glass and silver. After all, keeping your decor simple will allow more time to focus on preparing for your guests and welcoming them to your home.”
We know that you love to mix in vintage pieces — what’s your advice for making these pieces look beautiful and part of an overall decorating scheme?
“I like mixing new and old. For this tablescape, I paired thrifted vintage low ball glasses with china we received as a wedding gift to create an elegant place setting. For serving dishes, I might use my Pottery Barn Claro Cake Stand along with my grandmothers silver platter — another wedding gift — both of which spend most days displayed in our china cabinet.”
What’s your favorite aspect of decorating for the holidays?
“I love creating a warm and festive atmosphere that encourages our family and friends to gather around the fireplace to relax and enjoy company. I want people to come into my home and feel like they want to linger for awhile and stay.”
What do you appreciate about Pottery Barn’s pieces (like the Clarissa chandelier in your dining room)?
“Pottery Barn’s merchandise is eyecatching and beautiful; I’ve used my Pottery Barn purchases over and over again for years now. Furthermore, I feel that many of the items have a timeless quality. If you don’t have time to search out that perfect vintage find, chances are Pottery Barn will have something at the ready. Numerous guests have asked me if my Pottery Barn Clarissa chandelier is an antique!”
Check out Dawn’s tips for creating a beautiful tablescape similar to hers!
- Layer your linens. “For this tablescape, I used two tablecloths to create yet another layer of interest. One served as a traditional tablecloth while the other was folded to be used as a runner.”
- Group like objects for an impactful display. “In addition to the glass hurricane and candlestick display, I grouped several milk glass serving dishes and pedestals to create an interesting display to plan Paperwhite bulbs this year.”
- Think outside of the box for the items you already have in your home. “Next year, I might serve you a salad out of the very same milk glass dishes being used as planters this year. Hope you don’t mind! Additionally, I plan to use the low ball glasses to serve a small appetizer on Christmas Eve. These same glasses currently serve as votives in other areas of our home while on other occasions they are used to serve a festive beverage.”
- Go outside for more inspiration. “My son loves bringing home acorns and pinecones. I’ve used these to fill hurricanes and bowls around the house in the past. This year we brought branches and greenery inside from around our yard.”
Source: Photos courtesy <Inspired Living
- buy viagra online in dubai
- where to buy lotrel
- buy generic cialis in europe
- buy viagra in london shop
- cialis global sales
- viagra online shopping australia
- cialis generico foro
- viagra price rm
- cialis online authentic
- buy viagra online yahoo answers
- lexapro mail order canada
- cheapest viagra australia
- do i have to have a prescription to buy viagra
- can you buy viagra shops
- viagra online kaufen erfahrung
- cheap viagra canada
- solian buy
- cialis australia generic
- viagra online kaufen erfahrungsberichte
- order acai max cleanse
- cheapest cialis internet
- best price on line viagra
- buy ultracet no prescription
- buy vimax in australia
- acomplia for sale
- buy robaxin online
- where to buy flexeril online
- buy vimax bangkok
- buy diovan cheap
- where can i buy viagra in amsterdam
- buy viagra in shops uk
- epogen cheap
- buy orlistat no prescription uk
- buy cephalexin dogs
- secure tabs generic viagra
- generic tadalafil india
- what is the generic name of viagra
- viagra wholesale uk
- farmaco generico del viagra
- order flomax online
- viagra tablet for sale