Want to make your gifts look gorgeous this year? We caught up with Pottery Barn’s resident gift wrapping expert, Sean, to get his tips and tricks for creating your best-looking holiday gifts ever.
Sean’s Top Tips
• “Don’t use a gift bag! Even a simple gift looks better wrapped in paper and tied with ribbon or twine.”
• “Using the right materials makes giftwrapping easy. A metal ruler for measuring and cutting paper; a rotary cutter for clean, easy cuts with a straight edge and double-stick tape to ensure everything stays in it’s place and out of sight.”
• “Measuring the paper to fit the box ensures all folds stay crisp and neat. ”
• “Once the box is wrapped use your thumb and index finger to crease all edges for a crisp, clean look.
• “Ensure that the two triangular flaps on each side of the box meet in the middle and face in the same direction.”
• “Don’t forget to embellish your gift! A simple topper like an evergreen branch or holiday ornament is an easy and festive way to finish off the perfect gift wrap.”
Ready to wrap? You can also check out the slideshow below to discover a unique way to wrap pesky round presents like candles. You can also download a variety of PDF tags similar to the one Sean used below.
[portfolio_slideshow size=large exclude=”1014,1071,1072,1073,1074, 1075, 1086″]